WHO WE ARE
- We are Punnet ICT Ltd (“Punnet”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 7919304), with a registered office at Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”, Data Protection Registration no. ZA067664. For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you place an order with us, or interact with our website we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to us (for example your name, phone number, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
- Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information you provide us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); registering an account on our website; or accessing your account.
- Information automatically provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see the ”Cookies” section below) and obtain certain information automatically when your web browser accesses our website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; and products you searched for. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
- Email communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from us (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
- Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- process and deliver your order;
- provide customer support services to you;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- open and run your Punnet customer account;
- or provide a more personal shopping experience.
- By making an order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
- We use the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your credit/debit card information when you place an order on our secure server, which means that only we are able to decrypt the information in order to process your transaction.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHO ELSE MAY SEE YOUR DATA
- In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety or the safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When ordering from Punnet or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter.
- If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
THIRD PARTY LINKING
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites not directly owned or controlled by Punnet. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- site administration;
- operation of our website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into our website or use the website’s shopping basket;
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- completing the user’s current activity;
- research and development
) and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
; post at Punnet ICT Ltd, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire. SO30 4EJ;
- or by telephoning 01489 779475 between the hours of 9.00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.